Wednesday 18 July 2007

My top tip for late pregnancy... Don't fall off chairs.

Yesterday afternoon I leant back on my computer chair and the back snapped. I just managed to keep upright but by the end of the day I was in a lot of pain. A decent nights sleep hasn't made it any better. I feel like I've got whiplash. Add that to the pain and discomfort of being 39+6 days pregnant and it makes for one particularly uncomfortable Celeste.
Twitch was very active after my little incident, and I hoped it might prompt it to put in a slightly early appearance. No such luck, and I'm now hoping the back and neck pain disappear before I go into labour.

So that now makes 1 chair, and 1 bed I've broken whilst pregnant... the bed was not my fault though, it hadn't been put together properly so could have fallen apart when anyone sat/slept on it. It was just unfortunate it was me.

We saw the midwife yesterday, (before I fell off the chair) Twitch's head is 2/5ths engaged again and she doesn't expect me to need the hospital appointment on the 26th. I pointed out I hadn't been expected to make this midwife appointment when it was booked a fortnight ago. :/
I'm wondering whether this baby knows that tomorrow (its due date) is also the date its cousin was meant to have been born last year. She decided to hold on for another week until the 26th, which is the date I have to go to the hospital, so maybe this little one is holding out for a shared birthday.
Right now that seems like a good idea. My back should have recovered by then... and I'll have finished reading Harry Potter :)

No comments: