Thursday 19 July 2007

I had an activity pencilled in my diary for today.
It doesn't seem to have come about though... yet.

40 weeks


So in lieu of other news, here's what a very pregnant lady might do in the last couple of weeks of pregnancy to stop herself twiddling her thumbs.

She may decide to knit a toy sheepie. (Which looks very cute from the front but slightly alien like from the side.)

sheepie


She could spend a day sanding down an old blanket box.

blanket-box-unstained


Then spend another day staining and putting several layers of wax polish on it.

blanket-box-stained


Or she could spend a few hours cutting out lots and lots of circles, then many more hours sewing them up with the eventual intention of making a mobile.

mobile-in-progress


I highly recommend this last one as an ongoing project. It takes very little thought, can be picked up and put down easily, and will hopefully replace my need for "magazines" in my hospital bag. Most magazines drive me nuts, and when the time comes I don't think I'll have the ability to concentrate for long enough to read a book.

No comments: