Friday 6 July 2007

lasagnes



Does batch cooking count as part of the nesting instinct?
We have 5 Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni's, (made with pancakes instead of pasta.)
6 Vegetable Lasagnes
3 Meat Lasagnes.

Porl and I have made these over the past couple of days. They would have been all made in one day were it not for the fact I had a disaster with the pasta sheets for the cannelloni, which resulted in running out of pasta for the lasagne.
Thankfully Mum reminded me that cannelloni is delicious with pancakes instead of pasta. Although I think she came up with that idea because on the few occasions she's had lasagne she thinks the pasta tastes like pancakes. (?!)

I've spent the last week trying to relax a lot, when I haven't been relaxing Porl has usually been telling me to sit down and relax.
Monday we had our last parent craft class one of the topics which came up was what happens when you get induced. I'm now even more certain I don't want inducing on my 30th.
When we got back on Monday night I started getting period like pains, and back ache. No contractions though.
Tuesday we had a Midwife appointment, I told her about the pains and she seemed quite excited and told me it all sounded good, and she suspected I might not make it to the 19th. She was even confident enough about it that she double booked my next appointment which will be on the 17th.

So we'll see. I'm still getting a lot of period type pains and back ache, but no contractions, I haven't even noticed any Braxton-Hicks contractions (practice ones for those not clued up on pregnancy lingo) but then not all first time Mums notice them.

Twitch is fidgeting a lot, but then it always fidgets a lot so I'm not sure if it's more than normal. For weeks it's been laid sort of sideways, with it's spine towards my right side, so the legs and arms are on my left hand side, bum and feet under my ribs. Every so often it does a big stretch, sticking it's bum out, and trying to straighten its legs and arms at the same time.
My bump isn't very big, (people think I look about 6 months pregnant, not 8.5) but these stretches make my bump go square, and it grows sideways by about a 3rd.

Also... It flipping hurts!

If Twitch does this when Porl is around it gets a telling off, and instructed that the way out is down, not up through my ribs. :)
I've tried poking it to make it stop, but it pokes back. :/

No comments: