Tuesday 17 October 2006

shattered


So this is one of the things which went wrong today.
The oven had been on for about 45 minutes 180C, there was a *pop*, not even a loud one, and the glass on the outside of the oven door had shattered.
It looks very pretty though, and I liked the crackling sound it made as it cooled and shattered more, it sounded a bit like Rice Crispies. It’s not very practical for an oven. There go any plans for nice biscuits for Porl’s birthday party, ad it’s a good job his Mum is buying a cake.
What confuses me most is that the glass inside is fine, it’s just the outside which is broken.

Other not-so-great news received today is that my Dad has an appointment at the hospital on Thursday. We knew this was coming as he has to have an operation on his heart soon so he’s going in for tests are in preparation. He'll be having a tube down his throat so they can put a camera down, it’s supposed to be routine, a 15 minute procedure. However last time he had it done it took an hour and a half, 4 nurses to hold him down, 2 consultants to get the tube in, and they even asked my Mum in, in the hope her voice would calm him. He fought them all the way, and this is all while he was sedated. He remembers none of it, Dad is as gentle as a pussy cat usually, he just really doesn’t like hospitals.
Hopefully Thursday will be better. I was going over to take them to the hospital, but the weather is due to be lousy and they've told me not to go.

After that news my neighbour phoned and asked if I’d go round. She's been sent to hospital tonight for some tests too, she's an old lady who I get on with really well, they're not sure what's wrong so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. While she's in I'm looking after her psycho cat Frankie. This cat is unlike any I've ever met, certainly not the afore mentioned gentle pussy cat. He attacks anything & anyone, everyone leaves there covered in scratches and bite marks. When she first got him as a kitten I thought it would calm down but he hasn't. Even the vets refer to him as “Frankie the kitten from hell”.
My neighbour takes him out on a lead, with his temperament she daren’t let him out alone. Duke tries to befriend him, but Frankie just attacks him, Gonzo makes no pretence of friendship. I suspect a good thrashing from another cat would do Frankie good, but if I brought him round here I’m not sure who’d survive the fight.
I’ll be wearing my thick jumpers and gardening gloves when I go to feed him.

The last thing that happened today to cause problems occurred after an unsuccessful shopping trip to get Porl a birthday present. Somehow as I was getting back into the car I managed to thump the back of my head. I hit it so hard I actually felt my brain hit the front of my head and I wasn’t sure whether the front of back hurt most.
I spent a good couple of minutes sat in the car laughing/crying as the world span.
Several hours later and I’ve a lump on the back of my head, I’ve still got a headache, and my neck and back are really stiff.

So today hasn’t been the most successful day ever. I did manage to finish knitting a scarf though, I’ll take some photos of it tomorrow in daylight.
Right now I’m going to bed, there's not much of the day left, but I've had enough of this one anyway.

No comments: