Wednesday 13 September 2006

I'm getting beyond cheesed off now.
I started with a cold about 2 1/2 weeks ago, I was bad for a couple of days, then it seemed to clear up, I had a couple of days of feeling mostly okay, then I started with a stomach bug, then the cold returned with a vengence. I slept a lot and thankfully it seemed to disappear in time for Porl's brother wedding on Saturday.

We had a lovely day, Ste & Karen are a great couple. Karen's family were really friendly, and as they're Scottish there was plenty of whisky being swigged from the early part of the day. It was good to meet some more members of Porl's family too, I'm sure I've met them before, but this time seemed less daunting as there were fewer of them, and I also know Porl's Aunty really well as she used to be my boss.

Porl looked ever so smart in his Usher's outfit, and at some point I'll have a look at the photos and see whether they've turned out. It was 5am by the time we got to bed, thanks to a residents bar in the hotel, Porl having his guitar, and lots of Scottish relatives singing folk songs.

We got back home in the early afternoon on Sunday, we had a quick play with the cats, then went back to bed for a couple of hours. When I woke up the dreaded cold had returned, and this time sleep isn't shifting it.

My sinuses are blocked which means I can't breathe, and I'm getting headaches, it's also slipping onto my chest, so I'm getting out of breathe all the time. This afternon I decided if I pretended to be fine it might go away, so I did weeded and hoed all the back garden (there's a lot of it to do now we've dug up all the grass). The garden looks great now, but I had to keep sitting down while the dizziness passed. I think I can safely say that pretending I was fine didn't work.

I'm on holiday for 2 weeks (well 1 1/2 now) I'm not meant to be ill.
If I'm not feeling significantly better by Friday then I'm going to the doctors.

No comments: