Sunday 3 September 2006

Post No. 2 of the day. Is this a record?

As I said in the earlier post I woke up yesterday feeling restless and needing air. I decided to follow some advice from Kirsty and I went to find a new charity shop in the hope of finding a TV table. The one we had was a horrible nasty Argos thing which we've had for years. A few weeks after getting it a friend fell over and broke it, but we still lived with it for about 6 years.

The place was huge! I wandered around but couldn't find anything, then realized there was an upstairs. As soon as I got up there I spotted this cabinet.

TV Table


The front pattern matches the pattern on our welsh dresser, and the coal skuttle/shoe holder which are both in the living room. Quite lucky really considering the dresser is a proper antique, the coal skuttle was made by my Grandad, and this TV cabinet is made from chipboard and plywood. Also lucky because I couldn't have cut a hole in the back of an antique to push wires for the DVD player and video through.

I hurried downstairs to find out how much it was, £25, bargain! I carried on looking round, they have books! At cheaper than charity shop prices! I picked a couple up, then it all went dark, I carried on looking round in the gloom, they have bric-a-brac, clothes, yarn, patterns, a Celeste Heaven basically. Someone found out the whole village was without power as a substation had blown so they were closing the shop.
My disappointment at not being able to look around properly was soon put aside when they told me they couldn't access the tills. I had no change so I got the TV table for £20 instead.

I got home excited by my find, but my earlier restlessness had turned into illness. I felt rotten in ways I won't describe but I had to call in sick for my shift today, apparently I'm not the only one to have got this bug though.

I've spent today sleeping, lounging, and rigging up the TV... so many cables... It's all done now, and looks fantastic, I've even been able to unpack a box of videos which have been sat under the telly for 2 years since we moved here.

One day this house will be sorted.

No comments: