Tuesday 13 June 2006

Today I've been trying to get caught up with my life. I'm only about a week behind now.

I did manage to get to the post office and send off my part of the "Colours of Europe" swap, it's late, but at least it's gone now, and thankfully the person I was sending to does the same job as me, so she was very understanding. She knows what it's like to work bizarre shifts then on days off only be fit for sleeping. I'll post pictures of what I sent made her once she's received it.

I got a wonderful parcel off my partner Spicey for the same swap. The brief was to send 10 things, 3 of which we'd made in our partners favourite colours. My favourite colours are blue, red and orange. She sent me all this;

colours of europe swap - received


A HUGE bag which will be going to Cornwall with me. Babelfish tells me it means "A summer with the sun" which I hope it will be.
3 type of yarn, all are lovely and soft thanks to the mohair in them
2 parkly gel pens
Carrot and flower seeds, I'll be planting these next year.
Beads, I can never have enough.
A purse, I love the colours of this
Handbag shaped cards toppers
Sweeties, which I refused to eat until I'd take a picture, so they've been sat on my desk tempting me for a week.
Blue material, trying to decide what to turn this into.
Handmade lip balm and Caramel Apple scented body spray. The body spray smells delicious, my skin is so dodgy at the moment that I daren't use it as a body spray, instead I've been using it as a room spray. It's making me hungry though!
Lastly 2 lovely necklaces which are just my style, nice and simple.

The last few days have been hot... really hot, which I thought was wonderful except for the day I had to go to work. Thankfully my boss gave us strict instructions to take it very easy, and we took him at his word.
I hate being cold, I love summer. I love winter too, but only when it snows, the rest of the time it's rubbish. I spend my time wrapped in a blanket next to the radiator, I really miss being able to curl up in front of the coal fire. This evening it rained and cooled down a bit so I'm back in my cardigan and thick cord trousers.

Unfortunatly Porl is the complete opposite. He hates the hot weather, trying to get him outside in the sunshine is nigh on impossible. He's spent the last 2 days pottering around the house in my big baggy cotton pyjama bottoms (pale blue with flowers embroidered on the bottom.) Thankfully he got changed before leaving the house, we don't live in Skem* I'm going to have to make him some of his own in a more manly colour.

Porl spent 2 days moaning about the heat, before we had the following conversation.
Me: You know how you're really hot.
Porl: Yeees.
Me: And you know how you keep complaining.
Porl: Yeees.
Me: And you know how you've got a fan under your desk...

He is intelligent... honest.


* Skem = Skemlersdale, a few years ago I was at the supermarket there when I saw a young teenage Mum pushing a pram, she was wearing a pair of pink flowery pyjama bottoms. I felt sorry for her, thinking she was a young stressed Mum. I mentioned it to my collegue, who told me that no, pyjama bottoms were the current fashion "with the kids".

No comments: