Sunday 18 June 2006

So tired, I want to sleep for a week. No time unfortunatly. Tomorrow is my 3rd sleep-in in a row (24 hours in work, 24 at home, 24 in work, etc etc). Wednesday I'm doing a 10 hour shift, Thursday I have off, technically, but Friday I'm going to Bude in Cornwall for a week on another client holiday.

I've never been to Cornwall before, well except for a brief look around Penzance before getting the ferry across to the Scilly Isles. I'm sort of looking forward to a nice week touring around, but I know I'm going to miss Porl like mad. EuroDisney was only 4 days, and we were so busy I didn't get much chance to miss him, but 4 days was enough. A week is a long time, plus this holiday will be a much slower paced one, my client is 85 so we're planning on alternating long days out (Plymouth & The Eden Project are definitely on the list) with quieter days closer to home so he can have a rest in the afternoons. Quieter days mean I'll have more time to miss Porl. I'm going wih a different staff member this time too and I'm nervous about how well we'll all get on. She's young, and can be headstrong, the client is old and can be head strong, and I'm going to be stuck in the middle negotiating. Luckily the accomodation has a pool, so on the quieter days I plan on escaping for a swim, or sending her off for a swim while I escape into a good book.

So far I've done absolutely nothing towards getting myself organised, except for buying some suncream (I'm hopeful). I'd best pack on Tuesday, so I can spend Thursday running round buying things I need.

There are just 2 things about this holiday which I'm really looking forward to:

1 - Spending time with the client, he's got some great stories, but at 85 he needs to be relaxed enough and have the right stimulation to remember them. It's not often at work that we get the time to sit and listen to him.

2 - Coming home and having a week off work! I'm planning a couple of days camping for Porl and I. The seaside is calling me. I'm torn between our old favourite, Anglesey, or taking Porl somewhere new, probably Filey, so we can visit Scarborough and Whitby too. The paddling opportunities are better on Anglesey, but I've not been to the East coast for years.

What to do, what to do?

No comments: