Friday 10 February 2006

I've found a photo editing program on my PC, so pictures as promised.

This is the patchwork blanket I mentioned.

patchwork quilt



It's not the best thought out patchwork, but it's full of memories. Clicking on the picture will take you to flickr where you can see all the notes showing where many of the patches are from.

I also love that the blanket is far from perfect. When I started making this aged 7 I was only just learning how to sew, so the stitches are visible and very uneven. I'd obviously just learnt how to do blanket stitch at one point so decided to use that to sew some patches together.

patchwork front patchwork back



I'm having to go over a lot of these old seams as they are falling apart, but I'm trying to stitch them in a way that still shows some of my original immature efforts. Thankfully by the time I reached my teens I started going back over all seams as I sewed them, but there is still about half of the blanket which needs re-enforcing.

Last night I also had a productive night playing with my wool winder.
From this:

unwoundwool



To this:

woundwool



In just over an hour. It would have been quicker if Gonzo hadn't decided to "help" on the 7th ball resulting in a giant tangle.
When they were all wound Porl and I had a quick game of Curling in honour of the Winter Olympics.

We had a timely delivery today, just ready for the start of the Olympics, when the telly will be showing 24 hour sport, our new DVD player arrived. We've tested it, and it's successfully managed to play every CD & DVD, in every format we've thrown at it. I can catch up on all the films I've missed, and I might even get to watch S7 of Buffy. If nothing is on telly tonight I can stick a film on, and cast on my first sock using the yarn above.

No comments: