Sunday 12 February 2006

How can I twist my ankle in my sleep?
Last night I was on a sleep-in at work. I went to bed fine, woke up this morning and my ankle is killing me. I can walk, but I'm limping so it's wrapped up... and I'm trying not to do my usual trick of sitting on it when I'm using the PC.

Today has been spent mostly sleeping, as I expect will be happening most of this week. I was on a sleep-in at work yesterday, working 8:30am-8:30am, I've got 2 more this week, plus a few hours overtime on Saturday. The money will be good, but I'll look like a zombie by Sunday. My boss came in this morning and admitted he hates coming in when I'm finishing a sleep-in, not because he has any problems with me, but because when I'm tired I get really bad black eyes and I look like I've been beaten up. It makes him feel guilty for putting me on the shifts.

In between the sleeping today I've been rearranging my bookshelves.

bookshelves


Ever since Dad built these shelves I've been looking for some lamps, not easy as the lamps had to be shorter than the height of a book. Yesterday I found these in BHS which are perfect and I love them.

lamp&paperweights


I actually saw them months ago but had no money on me at the time, and the shop is out of my way. I was passing yesterday and nipped in, just in case, and was amazed that they still had loads left. I bought 3, they were £10 each. Annoyingly due to my tiredness I managed to smash one as I came through the front door this morning. Thankfully it has glued together and the damage shouldn't be noticed. I think I'm going to buy 2 more so that all the lamps in the lounge are the same.
Then I just need Dad to build me 2 more shelves to fill in the gaps so I can fit the rest of my books on there properly instead of having them stacked 2 deep.

My olympic challenge has failed at the first hurdle. I thought the yarn would be a bit garish when it was knitted up, so I was going to stick to small things like bags and socks, but I've decided I really like it, so I'm now on a hunt for a nice cardigan pattern, I'm eyeing up the chicknits ribby, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough. Suggestions welcome.

No comments: