Friday 27 January 2006

I'm using Porl's PC, if you don't press the "R" key in ust the right way then it won't work. I expect I'll soon tire of going back to delete the errors.
My blog I'll do as I wish.

**Update PC is fixed, and the lack of "R"'s was annoying me so it's been corrected... also why didn't I think of using spell check to correct it?**

Why am I using Porl's PC? Well last night I booted up my PC and was faced with that wonderful "Blue Screen of Death" or a similar Win2k version. Porl tried searching the net for a solution, based on the wierd error message it gave us, but we failed. So I'm now stuck with a week off work, and no PC to amuse myself with. I blame either The Sims, which I had just got back into, or the Windows update I remembered to perform having realized I'd not done it for seveal weeks.

I predict I'll do a lot of crafting this week, the house will be spotless, I'll also be very irritated at the fact I really wanted to get lots of scanning done this week and now can't.

But it's also a reason for Porl and I to get out of the house and have some fun days. The reason for my week off work (other than that I had to use the holidays up before the end of March) is that Thusday is the 10th Anniversary of Porl and I getting our act together and start going out. It hasn't been smooth all the time, we choose to ignore the odd weeks of insanity when we split up, only to realize that splitting up with a boyfiend/girlfiend is one thing, but it's not so easy to split up with your best friend at the same time. Who are you meant to turn to for the hugs and compassion you need at a time like that? When you still live with you girlfriend/boyfriend/best friend, the answer is obvious.
So 10 years... a bit scary really.
So we're planning a nice day out to Monsal Dale for a slap up meal in the Monsal Head Pub. Depending on how hungry we are when we get there will decide on whether we take a walk down the valley first. If we're hungry when we arrive then we'll end up eating first, then realizing that walking down then back up that hill on a full stomach would be foolish.
We'll just enjoy the view instead.
Well, I will, Porl is too scared of heights to get too close to the edge.

I've been inspired by all the lovely patchwork I keep seeing around, and I need a throw to wrap myself up in when I'm on the settee, so I've decided to try to finish the patchwok object I've been working on since I was 7.
I say object because it started as a cushion cover, then grew to single bed size, and is now almost double bed sized. I love it because it's made up of scraps of material mostly salvaged fom old clothes and bedding of my family. I can spot the material used in the wrap-around skirt Mum made me (and I hated), there's a few pieces from duvet covers, several skirts of my Mum's, some of Dad's shirts, and the shirt my brother wore on holiday when he was posing in his glasses, thinking he was Tom Cruise. It's not as stylish and colour co-ordinated as some of the others around, but it's full of memories for me.

... and I cant post any pictures of it until my PC woks again...

Grrrrr why am I so reliant on something that can be so tempremental?

No comments: