Wednesday 2 November 2005

I just got ID'd at the shop!
For buying cigarettes!!

Now I know I don't look 28, people usually peg me as early 20's, the look of shock when they find out I'm 28 pleases me every time.
Normally I blame my youthful look on the pigtails, but I didn't even have them in tonight.
I haven't been ID'd for a couple of years, so I thought those days were past, but getting ID'd for cigarettes is just silly. There's no way I look under 16... is there?
Maybe I have some wierd gene which is going to make me look younger as I get older. If I have I want to bottle it then I'll never have to work again.

Work today was interesting.
The guy who does the same job as me has been asked to leave. I haven't a clue why, he's a great guy and brilliant at his job. He's been there about a year, but I think they've just decided his face doesn't fit. My managers knew I was leaving before the decision was made, but it made no difference.
After that was announced, the team were then told that I was leaving. We were the only people who knew how to do our job, and it's a pretty key role. So that fact we're leaving within a week of each other has caused chaos. Rumours are flying around the other teams, Managers are in a blind panic, and if I wasn't stuck in the middle of it it might be quite fun to watch. I feel bad for the people I'm leaving behind, but the company knew the score so only have themselves to blame.
Thankfully no-one is being off with me. They've all heard me talk about how much I loved working for the NHS, I'm not going to the competition, I'm leaving for a more worthwhile cause.
I'm so pleased my notice period is only a week not a month.

No comments: