Saturday 8 October 2005

OW OW OW OW OW!
I've just broken my thumb nail while re-arranging the bookshelves. Lots of people are envious of my nails, they're very strong, so I can grow them long very easily without any problems. They rarely break, but when they do it really hurts.
I was trying to get a book off the shelf, the books are squeeeezed in tightly, and I managed to bend the thumb nail right back. It snapped about 2mm below where the the nail parts from the skin. I couldn't find any superglue, so the only option was to grit my teeth and rip it totally off.
I now have a very short nail and a throbbing, bleeding thumb.
The bookshelves look good though.

I finally succumbed to ebay last week and made my first bid. I didn't win, but I tried again, and I now have this boat shuttle and bobbins for my sewing machine. It was the bobbins I needed as the machine only came with one, but the shuttle may be useful. Now I have to resist buying anything else. I'm "window shopping" instead, adding things to my watch list to see how much they sell for.
I'm watching lots of boxes at the moment.
Must... not.... buy......

No comments: