Tuesday 18 October 2005

cookieeees


I'm pretending to be a Domestic Goddess. Scarily this is the 2nd batch of cookies I've made this week. The last batch were half the size, I was supposed to be making them for work, there were only 2 trays worth, and by the time the second tray had finished cooking we'd eaten the first tray. So I made my apologies at work and this time I've doubled the quantities. I don't mind taking this lot into work, they're not as nice as the first ones. Cookies are supposed to be made with soft brown sugar. I didn't have enough last time so I used half soft brown sugar and half muscavado. They were sooo rich and delicious. When I went to the shops to buy more sugar for this lot they only had demerara which doesn't melt properly, so there's lots of crunchy sugar crystals in these. Oh well they still taste good... just not as good.

Last week at work was the week from Hell. I got none of my normal work done, instead I spent 4 days on the phone to BT trying to sort out the fact that they had cut off someone's lines a week early. But not just anyone's lines... no, they cut off the lines to a £400 a night Hotel. I stayed late every night trying to get it resolved. Eventually I found out at 5:30 on Friday that it was fixed. I got very drunk Friday night and forgot about it all.
When I went back into work Monday I was told that BT had done the same thing to one of the customers other sites on Sunday! Thankfully BT contacted the customer and got the problem resolved themselves that time.
Today we had our "High Points" email listing the good things which had happened last week. I was given a special mention for my battles with BT.
I'm worried... if my week from hell is a high point what is a low point?

No comments: