Thursday 25 August 2005

We had our first Knitty Night tonight. I think Shell and I successfully put the world to rights. We didn't do much knitting... but then we never seem to, and I don't think that's the point either :) It was great fun.
Some other people did show up. At 6.30, half an hour before the time on the posters, and they didn't hang around. Maybe they'll come back next time.
Made a complete fool of myself too, by getting lost trying to get out of the carpark. Shelly I promise I'm a good driver, I'll happily take you to Ikea, or Holmfirth, or other adventures... But I could get lost in a paper bag with glow in the dark arrows pointing to the exits. I hope you can read maps :)

Things to remember...
Rip a DVD of Threads
And all the Billy Bragg stuff :)
Erm... sure there were some other things.

Oh and for all you lot criticising me for reading Dan Brown, (Jimmy, Matt.) Yes I know it's trash, but I've been feeling rough for about 2 weeks (migraines) and when I feel rough I like simple books to read. I usually pick kids books, or Mills & Boon or Catherine Cookson. Dan Brown is about as predictable, but I've not read it yet, and it's slightly more intellectually challenging than a Bonkbuster.
So ner! :P

(Also I can't find my Jilly Coopers I think I gave them all to the charity shop when we moved.)

No comments: