Monday 29 August 2005

I love long weekends. I feel fully relaxed, but I've also accomplished things.

Saturday I had a lazy morning reading in bed, got up watched cricket, Porl and I cleaning up then the boys arrived (Robin & Jimmy.) Watched more cricket, ate lovely tortillas, played on the internet trying to find none terrifying people on the Personals section of Hot or Not. Failed. Around midnight I was going to go to bed, then Jimmy took an interest in the scarf I was knitting, so I ended up teaching him and Robin how to knit.

Robin seemed to discover some deep seated memory and sussed it quite quickly. Jimmy struggled at first but I think he's hooked now. Sent him home with a new respect for my craftyness, and the beginnings of a blue scarf which he's making in a Knit 2 Purl 2 Rib. I do have photographic evidence of this (and Gonzo's attempts) but I've run out of room on Flickr for this month and can't be bothered resizing them for normal upload right now.
Can I justify paying for a Flickr Pro account?

Sunday Cricket, Cricket, Cricket, then hid behind the sofa (literally) to watch the last half hour of cricket. Then we had a celebratory take away from the fantastic Indian in Ashton. The boys went home, and I carried on knitting.

I'm making a bag out of the vivid yarn I made a poncho out of. I hate ponchos normally, but this one was a hooded one for camping use only. I love the bright colours so much though that it seemed a shame for it to be used in something I'll only wear a few weekends a year (if at all, we've not been camping this year :( ) So even though the poncho was almost finished, I decided to pull it down. Jimmy found this very off-putting, that as he was struggling to knit his first scarf I was pulling down hours of crochet.

Anyway, I did the bottom of the bag quite quickly, then realized I needed some circular needles. I don't have any circulars, except for one pair loaned to me by Shell (must remember to give them back.) So I decided to treat myself. I've ordered a set of Denise Interchangable Needles. I decided that as I have no circulars at all, that in the long run it will be cheaper than buying them all individually, and as they're a set I might not lose them. (I hope.) So now I just have to wait for the postman to arrive so I can finish my bag.

Today, another lazy morning, finished reading The DaVince Code, then decided to sort out the front bedroom. All the boxes of things that needed to go in the loft are in the loft, and when we get the shed the last few things can go in there and it may finally resemble a bedroom. Hurrah!
We've been here for a year on 10th September. It's taken me 11 1/2 months but I've finally finished unpacking!

No comments: