Tuesday 23 August 2005

I've been off sick today, last night I was feeling so sick, stomach churning and hurting. I went to bed but couldn't sleep because the world was spinning. I felt like I was drunk, really really drunk. I got about 2 hours sleep between the time I went to bed and the time I should have got up.
Now I feel like someone has taken the batteries out of me. I ache, I'm shattered and my stomach hurts.

I've spent the day pottering around the house, taking a few photos and reading a lot of "The DaVinci Code".

Today is my neighbours birthday, I went to posh garden centre in Wilmslow yesterday to buy her a plant. They had lots of carnivorous plants there and I couldn't resist them. I love carnivorous plants, we've had numerous discussions about whether it's right for a vegetarian to have carnivorous plants (especially as I feed them insects) but I like plants that fight back. They also look ace!

Sarracenia
Venus Flytrap Sarracenia



I used to have Venus Flytrap a couple of years ago. I didn't realize they hibernated over winter. I thought I'd killed it by playing with it too much. I threw it away. I know better now and promise to look after this one better.

Other pictures from the garden.

Home Grown Tomatoes

Tomatoes Beef tomatoes



I've put quite a few other new pictures up on Flickr some old ones which I'm gradually uploading, and some new ones.
I've also found a new use for the Flickr tags. I've got a plant in my garden which I thought was a Hollyhock, but all the hollyhock photos I found had them with single petals and mine has lots of petals. A quick search for hollyhock tags on Flickr and I've found lots of examples that look just like mine. Now I just need to identify all the other plants in the garden.

No comments: