Friday 19 August 2005

I went up to Uppermill and Delph today to find out a bit more about the Saddleworth Crafts Co-operative. Unfortunatly they aren't interested in my jewellery becuase they already have someone who makes jewellery and they only have 1 person doing each craft. I'm a bit disappointed, the jewellery there is totally different to mine, but their policy states only one of each craft.
I'll have think if there's anything else I like doing which they don't have there. At the moment all I can think of is bookbinding, which I haven't done much but did enjoy, or making fimo models which I haven't done for years. The other problem could be that I would have to give up half a day a week to work in the shop. I'll see how the future pans out to see whether I'll be able to do that. Then I'll have a think again about whether to pursue getting involved.

There's some good 2nd hand bookshops in Uppermill though. I was good and just went to one where I picked up a Jean Greenhowe Soft Toy book, and an old Mrs Beeton's Cake Recipe book.

books


The Soft Toy book has my favourite toys in it Moo & Chew.

moo & chew


I made loads of these when I was at uni but lost the pattern, so I couldn't resist buying the book. There's also a pattern for a clown which my Mum made. It's about 4ft tall and has elastic straps on the feet so you can slip the elastic over your own feet and dance with him. I was desperate for mum to make me this when I was little. The body is made from vest material, by the time she had got enough old vests I was about 14, and the desire for a dancing clown had worn off a little.
There are loads of other patterns too, and as I've just got my sewing machine back I think I'll be having a play.

No comments: