Wednesday 4 May 2005

2 days into the new job. First (and second impressions). It's MILES away! It takes me about an hour and a quarter in the morning, and an hour at night, I work longer hours, and the office is boiling, they're also stricter with the internet access. On the plus side, the people are nice, my TFT monitor is gorgeous, Alderley Edge is quite pretty, with posh charity shops, a craft shop and a cheese shop.

The biggest problem though (after the distance) is that I'm not entirely sure what my role is. Before I was Customer Services/Sales Admin/Order Processing/General Skivy Person. This company has a Customers Services Department, and Opps do all the Admin and Order Processing. Which leaves me with General Skivy. So whereas before when the Sales Guys annoyed me with their inane questions and their Peck-Peck-Pecking I would take so much, and then tell them to do it themselves, now it seems it's my job. I'm not particularly happy about this. But we're still getting set up, I haven't had any training in any of the systems yet, I haven't even worked out where the departments are yet, so we'll see. Hopefully over the weekend someone will invent teleporters and I'll figure out what I'm meant to be doing there.

In other news. I met up with Shelley on Monday. She's set me off making a hat. Last time I knitted anything other than a square was when I was 7, but the knitting skills seem to be resurfacing from the depths, as I'm finding it quite easy, so long as I don't try to talk and knit, then I get confused and knit bits which should be purls. It was so nice to be able to chat to someone about crafty things without them thinking I was a freak. I'm not sure the other people in the pub thought that though, we did get a few peculiar looks when we were knitting.

Last night was the Craft Club again. I got let off work early so I could get some tea before heading up there. It was our last week of card making. I was so tired I half thought of giving it a miss, but I'm glad I decided to do. A couple of hours playing at cut-and-stick and all my stressed dissolved. I'd take some pictures of what I made, but I'm exhausted. Instead I'm going to curl up on the settee with my knitting, and watch the man with the nice voice on Grand Designs.

No comments: