Sunday 8 May 2005

Hurrah for the return of pictures. It's all been getting too dull around here lately. So now we have pictures to illustrate my weekend, and a new design is hopefully on its way soon.

crafty haul


Had a relatively productive weekend. Yesterday I went to town to collect an Amazon package (CSS and HTML books, also a new Naked Lunch for Porl), while I was there I got around to joining the library (the rest of the books shown, 3 on the history of Tameside, 1 on crochet, and a great one on wirework.) Then I had a quick look around the charity shops in search of double ended needles. Failed, but did manage to get a couple of patterns, and some great yarn all for the grand sum on 60p. I gave them a £1. I'm not sure what type of yarn it is, but the colours are great, it goes from pink-purple-dark blue-purple-pink-purple. It's quite fluffy too, I think I might be using my re-found knitting skills to make a bag. The patterns are for a non-70's jumper, and a Mr Bean teddy bear. I hate Mr Bean, but I do like teddy bears. Which bring me onto the newly washed Donbit, doing his Marvin impression. He is sporting the latest in next winters fashion, hand knitted hats with knitting needles and paper clips in the top. He doesn't look happy, but I'm dead chuffed with this. I've got as far as I can with the circular needles, hence my hunt for the double pointed ones. Shelly I need your help. Fancy meeting for a drink at some point? Or I might just find somewhere online and by my own set of circulars and DPN's, I can see than getting a lot of use in the future.

Today Porl and I went for a walk, the paper has been advertising "Tulip Day" at Stamford Park, a kids fun day, with craft stalls, and a free tulip for all. We've not been to Stamford Park yet, so it seemed like a good opportunity to find out where it was. Well we found the park... eventually... but we never found "Tulip Day". We were only walking for an hour, but since getting the office job it's the most I've walked in months, my legs were like jelly by the time I got to the car.

When we got home I spent some time in the garden. Hopefully in a few weeks time we'll have some cut-and-come-again lettuce, also rocket & coriander. That is if the slugs don't have it, or if Gonzo doesn't use it as a litter tray, as I caught him trying with one of the other pots! Bloody cat!

Back to Alderley Edge tomorrow. I've found another thing good about it, the Newsagents has the largest collection of Craft mags I've ever seen! Hence the Simply Knitting Magazine. It's dangerous on my pocket though, and it's still MILES away!

No comments: