Thursday 28 April 2005

The Week from Hell continues, and just to make it more exciting my hormones have joined in the party too.
I have managed to resist snapping at customers, however the boys at work have born the brunt of my temper instead. As the week has drawn on they have begun to tread more carefully around me, especially when asking complicated questions like "How are you this morning?"

I've had to be a bit cryptic about what's been going on this week. Partly because I didn't know, but also because it's work related and the bits I did know were secrets. But basically the company is being bought out, and while I was pretty sure my job was safe I couldn't be certain. I've found out more today, and it's all moving incredibly quickly.

Tomorrow I have to go to the new company to meet everyone. This is scary. I hate first days at work, and we all have to make a good impression. My current job has a very relaxed atmosphere, jeans and t-shirts on a Friday, and only slightly smarter the rest of the week, for the 2 years before as a Support Worker I wore scruffy clothes, as I was never sure what bodily fluids would be on them at the end of the day. I've kept meaning to buy some smart clothes, but I hate shopping, so I've been putting it off. The lads were all talking about buying suits tonight, so after work thought I'd best go shopping. I went to Asda (it's cheap, it has things I like, and I don't care about labels) I wanted a black cardigan, and some black pumps. But they're not fashionable, so there weren't any. Instead I got a crocheted brown cardy, and some brown shoepolish to make my trainers look less scruffy. Not as smart as I'd intended, but at least my smart facade won't have as far to fall once they get to know me.

I got home just after 7, hungry and grumpy, and had to cancel meeting Shell again because it was so late. I've spent the evening polishing shoes and shouting at politicians on telly... quite theraputic actually.

Oh, my new place of work is Barrington House... and Danny Marsh works there too.
(If you're from the Ormskirk area you'll find this hilarious... if you're not, well I can't be bothered explaining. Night night.)

No comments: