Wednesday 30 March 2005

I'm worried.

I'm beginning to show signs of either old age, or boredom, but neither are good. I'm only 27!

At the supermarket this evening I went hunting for a customer feedback form. I filled it in requesting that they write to me to explain why they don't sell bourbon biscuits anymore. (I also complained that their pen didn't work, but that's by the by.)

For months I've had to make do with Chocolate Digestives, or Fig Rolls, (both of which pale in comparison to Bourbons,) and Porl has had to cope with me complaining and sulking and stamping my feet about the lack of Bourbon Biscuits. Tonight though was the PMT induced last straw. So I complained.

Rather than come home and forget about it though, I came online to do a search for Bourbon Biscuits. I'm quite pleased that I did, because through the wonder of the internet, and A Nice Cup of Tea and a Sit Down I have found that Tesco aren't Bourbon Philistines, but that there is actually a Bourbon Biscuit shortage, caused by the flooding of the McVities factory in Carlisle in January.



Thankfully the government have also realized how desperate this Bourbon crisis is, and they have offered McVities £1 million to help get the factory up and running again. Reading other news reports I've found that the factory still isn't open, but hopefully it will be soon. I don't know if I can cope with summer camping trips which don't include Bourbons.

I've just had a thought!
Maybe I'm not getting old, or bored.
Maybe I'm just have an acute Bourbon Addiction!

No comments: