Tuesday 29 March 2005

Soooo tired, but trying really hard to keep this semi regular updating happening.

The Easter break was much needed, and I got a lot done, unfortunately not all the things I wanted.

Thursday night my computer blew up again. Properly this time, burning fans don't smell good. We've come to the conclusion that it might be because my PC is next to the mains electricity box, and it's interfering with the power. So we've got to either find a new home for my PC, or when my Dad builds the cupboard to house the mains get the cupboard lead lined.

Saturday I decided to cut the grass. It's the first time I've had to do it since we moved here, my Dad did it last summer, and I now understand why he keeps suggesting we dig the front out and make a drive. The front lawn isn't very big, but it's on at least a 45 degree slope. The back lawn is slightly better but not much. I decided it was easiest to stand and the top and mow down the hill, but I nearly fell over a few times, but I got it done and it's looking pretty good, however my right hand is now bandaged up due to a sprained wrist and thumb. My shoulder is pretty sore too.

Saturday night we'd arranged for Gareth and Danny to come over, then Sam and Jimmy phoned too and came over from Ormskirk on the spur of the moment. I think Sam likes his late night motorway driving. It's the first time I've had a drink in a pub since early January, I wasn't too messy, but Sunday was a write off due to me feeling pretty delicate. Beer bad.

So we have a nice neat garden, I got loads of cleaning done, it's possible to walk into the spare room without having to climb over boxes, and for a few brief hours we even had an empty wash basket. Unfortunately all this domesticity meant that I got nothing more done on my Month of Softies doll, nor any other crafts either. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll be less tired, and my hand will be less painful, so I can get it done within the specified month.

If you click this link, you'll curse me for it's addictiveness. I've spent hours over this years playing this game, so an online version is a dangerous thing.

No comments: