Wednesday 17 December 2003

As promised pictures of Amy.

We went out for a meal last night at Le Frog in Ormskirk. Just me and Porl which was nice for a change. The food as always was lovely, I had the goats cheese parcel for starters, then roasted Mediterranean vegetables and cous-cous in a filo basket, then chocolate cheesecake for dessert. Porl had blackpudding and lamb thing for starters, then a shoulder of lamb for the main. It was washed down with a fruity white wine as chosen by Matt (our friend who just so happens to be bar manager at Le Frog), and we left feeling full and I felt quite tipsy. This giving up booze lark has really knocked my tolerance down.

Afterwards we went around to see Robin and Jimmy. Jimmy has got the lurg, it's doing the rounds, so far we're okay, but as the night went on I was feeling more and more achey so I came home hoping for an early night. It didn't happen but I got a good nights sleep and today although I still ache I don't feel nearly as bad. I'm so pleased it's only 4 days until the shortest day I hate these dark winter nights.

It's 8 days till Christmas and I've not finished any of the presents I planned on making, the thing which is closest being finished is crocheted, but I've lost the crochet hook and it's one of the few sizes that I've not got a duplicate of. Luckily tomorrow is market day and there are 2 possible stalls which might sell them, so I've got to get up early and go to the market before work and hope for the best. Generally on the presents front though a rapid re-think is in order.
I think Amazon may be getting some business off me.

No comments: