Sunday 9 November 2003

I love my cats. I really do.
But they're wierd. Really really wierd.
Especially Gonzo.

The last few days he's been getting wierder.

There are probably reasons for his sudden weirderness. (yes I know that's not a word). Like the fact I've been cleaning up and re-arranging furniture. The place is no longer covered in cat hair, and the essence-de-cat is gone. So they're going around rubbing up against everything again making it their own.

Also there's all the fireworks. The first year we had them they seemed to spend of October/November/December hiding in the smallest cat sized corners of the house. Duke retreated to Adams underwear box, and Gonzo found a liking for either under the telly table, or behind the settee. But they aren't afraid of them anymore. They just dont understand them and they don't appreciate being woken by them at all hours of the day. To be honest, neither do I.

The clean house and Bang... banbanbang... bangs have left me feeling a little disorientated. But do I feel the urge to climb on top of my wardrobe at 3:15 in the morning?

No, no I don't. Because that would be wierd.

But Gonzo does.

God knows how he got there. I heard him scrambling around, but I chose to ignore him and pretend I was asleep. For as long as I could anyway.

This isn't a small wardrobe. It's nearly 7 foot tall. Then there are suitcases on top of it. I think he leaped fom the blanket box to the top of the wardrobe. The blanket box is about 2 foot tall, and about 2 feet away from the wardrobe. So that's a hell of a jump he managed. Obviously his oversized belly isn't hampering him as much as I thought. Anyway, he was quite happy up there, so there was no way we could get him down. So I tried to go back to sleep. I didn't quite succeed, for fear of being crushed in the night by a lage cat jumping on my head. Anyway an hour later there were growls downstairs, I think a ferral cat had got in. Porl and I got up, Duke saw him off, and Gonzo decided to brave the leap to the floor to investigate. We checked him for broken legs, hewas fine, and I managed to get some sleep.

Bloody Cats.

Oh as well as that wierdness, the other day Gonzo decided he wanted to learn to drive. I'd opened the boot of the car, I was hoping to fit this chair in and take it to the tip. When I went back, there's Gonzo sat in the driving seat.

Wierd cat.

Why do my camera batteries alays die at the wrong time?

No comments: