Saturday 8 November 2003

Art by the Inch is going slowly for me. I think the 5,000 square inch target is more likely than the 10,000 target.

I went out and bought a sketch book the other day for the purpose of this challenge. I picked a nice sized spiral bound one which would fit in my handbag. I didn't do the maths before buying it though. It measures 8 1/4" x 5 7/8" (call it 6") and has 50 pages. So to get 10,000" I would need to fill 4 of these pads.

I'm re-knitting the red scarf I made a few weeks ago. It was 20 stitches wide, it's now only 12 wide and I'm much happier with it.

I've done 4 sketches = 198", and knitted 35" of the scarf, it's 3" wide, so the total for that = 305" So my grand total in 3 days is 503"/10,000". Eeek, I really best get some more stuff done.

Other people doing the challenge have been posting pictures in the Community Their stuff is far far better than mine.

Other news. Erm. Not much. Work, home, work, home, work, week off, Woo! We do have a spotlessly clean house though (except for the kitchen.) We've absolutely bottomed the house over the past few days. Walls have been washed down, furniture has been re-arranged, clutter has been chucked or tidied, and pictures that have spent months/years propped up against walls have finally been hung up. The cats are totally confused, the place no longer smells of them, and all their furry decorating effects have been hoovered up. It looks great. That was the easy bit though, the hard bit is keeping it like this.

Anyhow, enough babbling. I'm going to play with photoshop for a bit.

No comments: