Thursday 6 November 2003

So November is looking like it's going to be fun.

This weekend joeladyboy and Eskimo Girl were supposed to becoming up, it looks like that's been postponed until another weekend, which is a shame, but these things happen, and we'll probably need a quiet weekend to deal with the rest of the month.

I've got next week off work, and on friday it's Amy, where much fun, frolics, fizzy drinks, and spice (sheffield for sweets) will be had. Prior to that I'm hoping to get up to Sheffield. It's my Dad's birthday, so some quality time with parents would be good. A bit of fresh air, and exploring countryside with porl would be great too. It doesn't sem to have happened much this year.

The following weekend DoubleJohnGrey are coming up to do some recording. Wooo we're getting new friends!

Whilst all this is happening I'm going to be taking part in arty things. I've signed up for Art by the Inch.So during November I've got to try to create 10,000 square inches of art. They say it doesn't have to be 10,000, you set your own targets, but I may as well give it a shot. I think this is going to be very odd and interesting for me because I'm going to have to forget my current arty trends for most of it. 10,000 square inches of cross-stitch or beading in a month just wouldn't happen. I'm not leaving them completely though, I've got too many Chistmas Presents to make to forget them altogether. Tomorrow I'm going to buy myself a lovely new sketch pad, and I'm going to start drawing again. I haven't done any pencil and paper type art for years, and recently I've been regretting letting my skills slip. I used to be very good at drawing, but I seem to have forgotten how to do it somewhere along the way. I'm going to do some collages too, because they're quick and I love doing them. I'll be including the Christmas Presents I want to make in the count, and hopefully I'll come up with this elusive Christmas Card design somewhere along the way. (I know I want to use lino prints, but I decide what type of image I'm after.) I'm also going to go for some digital art. In other words, the Shirokuma website is still causing me headaches and I need to get that done too.

So November is looking busy, but lots and lots of fun.

Oh Art by the Inch is inspired by NaNoWriMo. I haven't the ability to write a novel in a month. The peak of my writing abilities was Timmy the Talking Egg. It was silly, and it was at least half written by Porl. (It also appears to have disappeared offline. I'll have to fix that tomorrow.)

However I have a talented writer friend who is doing NaNoWriMo. So hopefully this month we will be egging each other on to success.

No comments: