Sunday 13 November 2005

The last day at work went surprisingly calmly. On a Friday you can usually guarantee BT will cease one of our customers lines, but thankfully it didn't happen. Instead one of the problems which had been lurking for weeks got resolved, which was a nice ending to it all.
I got a lovely card off everyone, and assurances the if I change my mind about the NHS they'd be quite happy for me to come back... please... preferably next week.
But that's not likely.
Also got a big box of chocolates and a bottle of Rum... they seem to think I like it.
Which I do, but not as much as Porl does. I rarely drink much nowadays, but as Porl likes rum when I do drink that's what I end up with. Porl was most upset when I took this lovely bottle home and told him I was under strict instructions not to let him have any.

Yesterday I went shopping in Stockport, I finally got around to buying some jeans as all the ones I have now are either too big, or too small, it's lovely wearing trousers that actually fit.
I was also very good. I went to Hobbycraft and bought.... nothing! I've decided I'm going to save up for a £300 model Dolls House to make for my little girl.... when I have one... if not I'll adopt one.
I couldn't resist spending money in Borders though. I bought my Dad a birthday present, it's today so Happy Birthday Dad! A bead magazine, and another book which is going to be my main inspiration for Christmas Presents. Obviously I can't say what it is until I've decided who I'm making them for.

Last night I got all dressed up in my new jeans and we went into Manchester for Adam's 30th birthday. Adam was our lodger back in Ormskirk. He moved in for a couple of weeks while he looked for somewhere else, and he left about 18 months later to move to Manchester. It is partly thanks to him that out cats are as fat, and as friendly as they are.
Unfortunatly after about 5 minutes of driving in the dark my head started hurting. By 10 o'clock it was pounding and I was feeling sick so we had to leave. We got home I took 2 ibuprofen and was in bed for 10:30. I woke a couple of times in the night but fell straight back to sleep again until 12:30 this afternoon. I still feel woozy, achey and tired, but at least the headache has gone for now. I hate Migraines.

The only other thing I've done today is dig in my compost bin. In the dark. Moonlight gardening. My grandad would be proud of me.

No comments: