Wednesday 8 June 2005

Job interview done. Went quite well, I'll find out next week.
Spent the rest of the afternoon clothes shopping.

I hate clothes shopping.
I quite like the floaty gypsy skirts that are in the shops now, but I know I'll never wear them, so I refuse to buy them. The floaty tops are nice too, but if you have anything bigger than a C chest then you look pregnant.
Also why is everything brown? I wear brown at work, (part of my trying to look smart without resorting to wearing black) I refuse to wear it on a night out. I want bright colours. Okay there are pink things, but I hate pink. I had the same problem 2 years ago. I was trying to find an outfit for my brothers wedding, but the punk look was in, so everything was black, white or red (or as I was shopping in Liverpool, velour tracksuits.) Hardly the right look for a wedding.

Eventually today I saw a nice denim skirt, which was short and frayed at the bottom, with a big belt. Then I realized I have one at home which is longer and I never wear because it's too long, so as soon as I've finished here I'm going to fray the bottom and shorten it. I'll wear that with an orange vest top, and a beady belt (bought a necklace going to reconstruct it), I don't like the big chunky belts that most people wear. Also when I get bored of the beady belt I can turn it into jewellery, (my Yorkshire spendthriftness is coming out) lastly I found some orange mules.

I still haven't a clue what we're doing on this night out, but I should be acceptable in most places wearing that outfit.

Last night was my first night teaching at the craft club. A bit scary at first, but I managed to get away with about 5-10 minutes at the front talking, then everyone got stuck into making things and I was left to wander around talking to people in smaller groups which I'm fine with. The jewellery everyone made was great, people stuck to earrings and memory wire bracelets, but they were all so varied. The majority of things I make tend to be blue, and I always use silver wire, but the predominant colour was pink, and a lot of people used gold wire. It made me realise I'd best change my habits if I want things to appeal to a wider audience than just me.

Now to go and order more craft bits for next weeks lesson, alter a skirt and make a belt (and possiblyy some more jewellery if I get chance.)

No comments: