Friday 18 March 2005

There are reasons why I don't update often, and that's because I'm so tired that I can't think what or how to type, or how even how to form sentences. I'm like that now. But I'm determind to update regularly, so ...I...must...type...though this. Maybe it'll get easier.

Anyway, yesterday and today have been busy. My Mum, Dad and I have been painting the back bedroom. It's not been easy because it was a bit of a state, I think the people here before us did it in a rush, so we've had a lot of holes to fill in.
It doesn't help that the three of us are all perfectionists.

We've finished most of the painting, just another coat of gloss and some touching up to do tomorrow. The curtains pole is up, the broken light switch is replaced, and the phone wires are now finally fastened down. Never again will I trip over them, hoover them up, or listen to the cats "kill" them in the early hours of the morning.

Tonight Dad is making some taller legs for the bed. It's a very low bed, and there's no space for storage in the room, so he's raising the bed up and he's going to make some drawers for underneath. Hurrah for My Dad.

My original plan for this weekend was to have lots of days out and get to know the area better, pretend we were camping, but without the sleeping outside bit. But then painting got suggested and that seemed more important.
Everything will be finished tomorrow though, so I'm trying to decide what to do on Sunday. I could just relax, but we're thinking of going on an Adventure, and it could be a lot of fun... we'll have to see though, it might not work out...

No comments: