Saturday 5 March 2005

My computer has died. Not competely died, but it's not a happy bunny.

It started randomly turning itself off on Wednesday. It wouldn't stay on for longer than 15 minutes. But it didn't shut down completely, it was still whirring, and beeping at me. I've turned off and it's staying off.

Last time it went wrong I managed to fix it, but this time I'm scared. So it's sat it the corner until I either get brave, or get visits from people clevererer than me.

However today I spent about 45 minutes on the phone to Jimmy while he helped me get the laptop working. We got there eventually, and I cannot describe enough the aceness of Jimmy. He has saved my sanity. Unfortunatly I havent got access to all my files, and I'm loads of programs missing, but I've got the internet.

 

The broken computer has given me the push I needed to make a few changes which I have been considering for a while though. The main one for here is that I've take the RSS feed down. This won't make a difference to my sporadic posts, but it will make a difference to my attitude to blogging, and in my illogical brain taking the pressure off all makes sense.

Through 6th form and university I always had a notebook with me. I used to leave it lying around for people to write in, and I'd stick random things in it. I'd like my blog to be like that notebook. At the moment I feel like I'm it as a message board. In my mind taking the rss feed down make the site back into a notebook again. I never said my mind was logical.

I'm going to do a redesign too. Spring cleaning. I'm working on the craft site at the moment, as well as trying to update the shirokuma site, and it's spurred me on to have an overhaul. Unfortunatly I can't get photoshop at the moment so I'm struggling. I will let you know how it goes though.

No comments: