Wednesday 9 February 2005

When I worked shifts I never seemed to have too many problems getting up in the morning (or afternoon). Okay I always struggled with sleep-ins, but anyone would struggle to get up at 6 in the morning after having 2-3 hours of restless sleep in a strange bed. But generally most days I was quite happy to get up.
Recently though I've been struggling.
Today I crawled out of bed at 7:35. I have to leave the house at 7:45. Needless to say I don't do breakfast.

All day today I kept thinking it was Thursday. Then I'd remember it was Tuesday and the weekend and a lie in seemed so very far away that I could have cried.

Eventually the end of the day seemed in sight.
4:15 usually heralds the last trip to the drinks machine for the day, but today it was broken, so I sat there, sealing envelopes, feeling thirsty, fed up, and longing for home.

Then the boss came out and told us that as work is being done on the server tomorrow, our phones and computers will be out of action for at least the morning.

So we could all have a lie in, and not bother getting to work until 2pm!
He then told us 3 more times because no one believed him

I'm really hoping that the work gets hugely delayed and we get the whole day off.
I mean it's hardly worth going in for 3 hours is it?

Hope everyone else has a great day too!

No comments: