Saturday 14 February 2004

Well today has been yesterday was rubbish.

I've got a stinking cold, which has gone straight to my chest, doing wonders for my asthma, and making me cough up thing which really shouldn't be in a humans lungs.

This means I'm at home missing To Amy with Love, and the Shirokuma single launch party, you know, that little event that we've been building towards for the past year.

So what have I done instead?

Well I was planning a quiet night in, sulking and listening to girlie music. I watched 'Once More with Feeling', was looking for something else to watch, when Duke came in with a present.

An alive mouse.

So I've spent the past hour and a half trying to catch it. The cats have helped. But we're all rubbish and have failed.

So the room is a mess... nothing is where it should be, but there are less mouse sized hidie holes. I suspect that the mouse is in the alcove behind the telly which is the one area where a girl with a bad back should not go hunting. Or I'd be severely shouted at by a boyfriend who isn't around when he's needed.

I'm waiting for them to phone and say how the gig went. Then I'm getting out of this room, shutting the door and going to bed. My bedroom door is curently shut with a towel across the bottom of it in crude mouse prevention style.

It's not that I don't like mice. I think they're great. When they're in the wild, or as pets in a cage which don't run or jump as quickly as this one did. But a wild mouse in my house is not good. It's very very bad.

And just for the record I always sit with my feet on top of my computer case. Okay I rarely wear shoes in the house and I never tuck my trousers in my shoes, but they're very baggy trousers and I didn't want to trip over them whilst mouse hunting.

Why did I say earlier that Friday 13th has never worried me? Stupid girl tempting fate!

No comments: