Sunday 11 January 2004

The flu has gone, I'm back at work, but my bodyclock is still a bit more skewed than nomal.

I never make New Years Resolutions, being disappointed in myself is a bad way to start the year. But one of the Resolutions I haven't made this year is to get a sleep pattern. Ideallly getting up at no later than 10 o clock. Rather than an hour before I start work, even when I start work at 4pm! The other non-resolutions involve the normal things, get fit, go on holiday, generally improve life.

Befoe Christmas I was saying I needed a new hobby. Something a bit more of a challenge to get the brain cells whirling. Nothing in my life involves much thought, I can feel myself getting stupider.
Well I've found the new hobby. During the last few days of my illness I started researching my family tree. It's something which I've wanted to do since I was a kid, but it has always seemed to be something which involved funding, and travel.
When we were emptying my Grandparents house in 2002 we found a lot of old photos and certificates that my Grandad had saved. These have given me a really good start. That and the fact i asked lots of questions when I was a kid. My memory is terrible so I can't remember any of the answers, but my Mum has a great memory. Especially for dates.
So far I've got back to 1825, and my GGG Grandfather. I've also found a distant cousin who's been doing some research too, we've got the same GG Grandparents, so between us we've filled in a lot of gaps, and put some names to the faces on the pictures. Fingers crossed we'll find out more soon.

The down side of this is that I've discovered that just a few generation back I'm a southerner!

No comments: