Sunday 4 January 2004

Bad flu!
Go away!
Now!
Please?

As the New Years Eve posts hinted I wasn't feeling too great. By New Years Day it was pretty much official. The flu has got me.
Between now and then I've been pretty much in bed the whole time. I had to check the calender thingy on my computer today to find out what day it was I've lost track. My sleep patterns have gone even more erratic than ever (like 18 hours a day asleep), and I think I've had 2 meals in 4 days. I am beginning to feel slightly better though. I still hurt, I'm still shattered, I can get downstairs now, but if I have to go straight back up I run out of energy halfway.
I have watched lots of films during this illness though, including Meet me in St Louis, The Breakfast Club, which is my favourite film ever, What Women Want, Speed, Broken Silence, A Cut Above, Billy Madison, Elizabeth, Bedazzled, Sabrina Goes to Rome, The Sound of Music and Grease. Not bad for someone who doesn't really like watching films. I think I must have been really ill to watch some of them though. Yay fo getting ill during the holiday season when telly is slightly better than normal.
I've also done a lot of cross stitch, although not on the Indian which has been cast aside in resentment again, in favour of "Collecting Shells".

I wanted to go to Sheffield next week. I want to celebrate Christmas with my parents some time this side of Easter. But that is out now.

Flu, Go away. Please!

No comments: