Monday 29 December 2003

Hello, hope you all had a Merry Christmas. Our was jam packed full of food and friends.

Christmas Eve was good, we went to the pub next door, met lots of people Porl knew from school, they all came back here, we drank lots of spirits, we had no mixers, we played guitars, Shirokuma did a mini set, most people left, we played more guitars, I played bass, did some Daymaker classics, at 3am I went to bed, set alarm for 10am, Porl went to Matts to carry on drinking and got back at 5am.

Christmas Day, woke up just before midday, I'd slept through the alarm, ran downstairs to phone work and check it was still okay to come in a bit late, woke Porl up, showered, dressed, coffee, opened presents, (lots of books, undies, t-towels which I'd bought for both me and Porl, chocolate orange) went to the pub next door, had a coke, got a free whisky, Porl skipped the whisky, he was a tad hungover, went home, had a cuddle on the settee, the cats came and joined us, they're lovely, went to work, Porl went to his parents, at work gave clients their Christmas Dinner, ate mine, washed up, tried not to watch Stuart Little, spoke to my Mum and Dad, did general work things, left work early, went to Porls parents, opened more presents, (cardie, craft things, handmade glass vase, smellies, DAB radio, Noughts and Crosses drinking game), ate 2nd much nicer Christmas Dinner, came home, phoned Matt, lit fire, Matt, Robin and Cat came round, we drank port, ate cheese and played triv, drank champagne, ate chocolate, they left, went to bed.

Boxing Day, got up, put turkey in the oven, made stuffing, made vege casserole, went to pub, met Roger who I've not seen for about 18 months, came home, ate casserole with warm bread rolls, stilton and stuffing, Porl had Turkey butties, Rog came back, played on computers, ate casserole, Mark and Robin came round, ate casserole, Jimmy appeared, ate casserole, played on computer, ate casserole, felt ill, stopped eating casserole. Went to bed very late.

Yesterday I got up, lit the fire then spent most of the rest of the day laid on the sofa reading the first Invisibles book drinking tea and eating very little. Today has been just as lazy, and hopfully tomorrow will be too.

All in all it's been a reasonable Christmas. I didn't get chance to go up to Sheffield, I was shattered and needed a break, not to have to struggle with public transport at this time of year. I've had a few low moments, I miss my family like mad, and this is the first year since my Nan-nan and Grandad died. Thankfully my Dad is making sure my Mum's social life is busier than it's ever been and I don't think she's had a day at home yet this Christmas. I'll make sure I get a good few days up there in the next few weeks.

So Christmas is over, now to figure out what to do for New Year.

No comments: