Saturday 27 September 2003

I've injured myself.

Wednesday afternoon I'd got a nagging pain in the lower left hand side of my belly. Uncomfortable but not too bad. By Thursday dinner time it was sore. By Thursday night it hurt... a lot. I was beginning to panic slightly, trying to figure out what is in that bit of my body, lower intestines, could be a hernia, ovaries, could be nasty.

So this morning I woke up early after a rotten, restless, painful sleep and phoned into work sick, then made an appointment for the doctors. Nice doctor lady examined me and told me she thinks it's probably groin strain, (no dodgy jokes) I must've done it at work somehow. So I've to rest for a few days and take pain killers, and hopefully it'll fix itself in a few days.

So my restful day has involved making myself a scrapbook. Last week I cleared a cupboard which was full of junk and games and papers and bills. The bills have all been neatly organised into a folder, lots of games and junk were thrown away and lots of memorable junk was put into a plastic bag until I today when I figured out a better way of keeping it all.

I've still not finished, but I've now got a very simple scrapbook with all the things I've accumulated over the years (cartoons, cards, tickets, exam results, certificates, loads) which has never had anywhere to live other than various plastic bags.

So I'm getting all the paper junk sorted... now just for the 3d junk. Maybe I'll take pictures of things, stick them in the scrap book, then I can bin/sell the actual objects. That wil be another day though.

Oh the badge machine is great by the way. I made some Shirokuma paw badges last night which everyone seemed to love. I've not got any left anyway. I wasn't happy with them though, I need to work out better how big the images can be so that they don't curl around the edges. It's all good fun though.

No comments: