Thursday 11 September 2003

Another week off work for holidays. Last time I had holidays I wrote a list on here, I successfully accomplished 4 of the 7 tasks ( I did loads of other things instead though, like buy paint, and a tumble dryer, and clean the house loads and make roman blinds, and 2 crochets bags, and a lovely necklace).
Lets see if I can do any better this time.

  1. arrange a mortgage (carried over from last time)
  2. re-organise the front room (which includes sorting all my crafty stash, and chucking loads of junk away)
  3. get porl a passport
  4. sort out all my bills/paperwork etc
  5. claim back my tax
  6. get the car MOT'd and insured
  7. possibly finish making the roman blinds, and make some cushion covers
  8. design a website for Shirokuma ( I really want to do my own though!)

If I can accomplish all that I'll be so happy, and I'll have done things I've been putting off for ages.

As well as this on Friday we'll be in Manchester for Marky Boy's gig. Porl and I went up to Manchester yesterday as F&H had got Mark some rehearsal space. So they were running through what they were going to do, Porl is accompanying Mark in the silliness by playing bass. It's all looking good. I went for a bit of a wander around Manchester because we seemed to be in "the material quarter". I found a couple of great material shops, one of which sold oddments by weight, so I picked up some Powerpuff girls printed material. I think it was oddments of bedding. Porl wants me to make some cushions for in here with it. The material shop had a craft shop attatched to it, so I got a bead board, and some more beading thread, some silicon glue (I will make marble magnets one day) and a HUGE (well, 10mm) crochet hook. Just one street in Manchester made me so happy, I know there's a bead shop at Afflecks Palace too which I've still got to visit. I want to live in Manchester now.

The car wasn't a happy bunny on it's way to Manchester and back though, so it's been booked into the garage for Friday. The MOT is due and I think either a wheel is out of shape or needs realigning, either way I get a horrid juddering once I get to 50mph making it impossible to drive past that speed. Not good on the motorway. So we left all the kit at Marks and we're getting the train up on Friday. I'll have to make a trip to Marks in the car another time to pick the stuff up. *sigh* Might have to look around more material shops then.

No comments: