Monday 18 August 2003

I'm ill. I've got a "summer cold". Everyone sounds so knowing when I say I've got cold. "oh yes, summer cold, it's doing the rounds." Don't they understand I'm dying here. I've not got time to have a "summer cold". I've got 2 weeks off work and I've got things to do! I'm supposed to be going on holiday on Wednesday and before then I've got to:

  • buy myself a fantastically fetching outfit to wear for my brothers wedding
  • buy Porl a suit for the wedding
  • get a present for the wedding (eeep only just remembered that one)
  • do about 12 million loads of washing (why do I always leave it until we've run out of clothes)
  • arrange a mortgage
  • make some decision about where we're actually going on holiday
  • get all the tents and stuff together and pack

And they're just the things I have to do, I'm leaving out the things I wanted to do, like decorate the living room, blitz the house and meet up with a few old friends.

Why is there never enough time in the day? I'm currently tempted to tell all my mates to go on holiday on their own, I've got too much to do, and not enough enthusiam for camping right now.

No comments: