Friday 11 July 2003

Tonight Porl is doing a DJ set at the Retro Bar in Manchester. It's all thanks to Valentine Records (the company Mark/Shirokuma didn't sign to but loves anyway). Capital K are playing, Mark is doing a DJ set, and the night should be ace. Door open at 9, entry is £4. More info here

So if the doors for this great night open at 9, why is it that I'm sat here at 9:30 posting entries?

Well that would be because some how, at some point, in the last couple of days I've managed to do something to my back which means I can only just walk. So while all my mates are having fun smoozing it up at record company do's I'm sat at home (on a chair, not the floor) watching rubbish telly.

Everyone is having a fun day out in Manchester tomorrow too, so I'll be alone until late tomorrow, (can you sense the self-pity here?)

On the upside, Porl is under strict instructions to go and spend money at the bead shop in Afflecks (sp?) Palace. I was going to go there myself tomorrow, but now I'll have the fun of surprise beads. I'm looking for any silver linings here.

No comments: