Friday 17 August 2007

Bryher is 4 weeks old today and it's co-incided with 3 big events.
First, I don't know what I did differently last night but she slept for 7 hours straight!
I put her in her carrycot at 8:30, we have it downstairs during the day, I went to bed at 10:30 and took her up too. She normally wakes between 12 and 2, but she didn't wake till 3:45. I felt like Dolly Parton so tried to get her eat loads, I put her back down about 4:30, she settled almost straight away then woke at 7:30 this morning.
Oh if only every night could be like that.
Most of the time she feeds around 11, 3 and 7, but we have the occasional night where she has wanted feeding at 11, 2, then every hour from 4am till 3pm. Those nights/days have not been fun.
For the past couple of weeks she's also been quite colicky, it's settled down now thanks to the wonders of Infacol, but we still have some fun times where she's hungry, but windy, and can't decide whether to bawl, fidget, headbutt me, or feed. When she tries them all simultaneously it's quite painful!

The second event was going to get her her birth registered. She's all official now. I'm just a little bit sad that she doesn't have my surname anymore, but we've given it her as a middle name so it's not gone completely... she just has a strange middle name to go with her strange first name :)
As Porl pointed out, this does mean that when she's being naughty I'm likely to call her by her first 2 names, and she'll revert to being my child again... hmmm.

Lastly, she's definitely been smiling at us today. Not wind induced smiles. They were real, "I'm happy to see you and you're smiling at me" smiles.
Our baby girl is growing up.

waves-&-loops


And because we can't have a pictureless post, here's our little glow worm a couple of days ago with her Daddy who's teaching her all about loops and wavs and sound recording. Much better than when he teaches her about the "shooting people with guns" games he plays.
Porl was dead against giving her a dummy, but he's come round to the idea that with some babies it's a necessity... especially if I ever want to leave the sofa again.

Speaking of which, she's gurning so it's time for me to return to the sofa.

No comments: