Wednesday 2 August 2006

Unsurprisingly my birthday was a quiet one. I had a lazy lie-in and some breakfast, then the postman brought me some fantastic presents from the CrAftermath girls. We have a birthday swap on there, but I haven't been on much recently so wasn't expecting anything.

This lot is from Samsara:

presents samsara



Then these from PhizzyChick:

Presents from Phizzychick



And last but certainly not least, these plant markers from teraspawn who is the swap organiser. Thanks to her I had parcels to open on my birthday :)

Presents from teraspawn



These were probably the highlight of my day, and certainly cheered me up first thing in the morning. Thankyou Girls!

At dinnertime Porl and I went to Quarry Bank Mill, which is an old cotton mill near here. I've wanted to go for ages, but talking Porl into these things isn't easy, so I took advantage of the fact it was my day to do what I wanted. My dinner wasn't too great, I hate chilled quiche, but it was interesting seeing all the machines, a shame that a lot of them weren't running. The demonstration of cotton spinning made it look SOOOO easy, but I know it's not.

We came home from there, Porl made me some nice veg and haloumi kebabs, then we had the fun task of trying to get in touch with people and tell them the news.
I share my birthday with 2 of Porl's other school friends, and we'd been asked to let them know about Chris' death. We got in touch with one friend and he decided to spend last night in the pub with us, the other friend is celebrating his 30th this year and we think he's gone away for the week. Either way we've not been able to get in touch with him.

Tomorrow is the funeral, so we'll be up very early to fight the rush hour traffic and get back to Ormskirk.
I've done a birth, a marriage and a death in 8 days.

No comments: