Tuesday 21 March 2006

The last few days have been odd, I feel like I've been walking around in a daze, doubting things that I've done, dropping things and at work on Sunday I did the bare minimum of housework and just spent the day watching TV and keeping the clients happy. That isn't like me when I'm in the house alone at work I don't usually stop, I tend to go berserk cleaning everywhere... unlike here.

Yesterday when I got home I went back to bed then woke up with the most horrendous migraine, so spent the day laid on the sofa telly on, volume low, lights off trying to make my sore head stop and the sick feeling go away.

Thankfully today the pain is gone and I've eaten, but I still feel like I'm in a bubble, at least I can account for my behaviour and I know I'm not cracking up.

Tonight I'm off to Craft Club for the first time in months, I'm a bit nervous, I hate going back to things when I've missed a while. I've got to go tonight because I'm teaching there again next week so I need to find out about supplies and quiz people on what they want to do. Should I let them get on with what they want to do and just wander around helping them? Or should I try to teach them something new? Last time I tried to teach them something new I ended up with 2 people doing that task and everyone else doing there own thing but calling me over for help. Meaning the poor people who were trying to do the new thing kept getting abandoned. I always print out instructions for the tasks, but there aren't many who are able to read them.
Hmmm to much thinking for my achey brain.

I remembered to brave the cold today (it's trying to snow again) and take some better pictures of the Parrot (who I keep refering to as either a Crow or Frog! obviously he's neither). Big Piccies so you can see his eye which I'm very proud of :)

Pirate Parrot Pirate Parrot



I'm quite surprised at all the piratey type props I keep finding around the house, although this particularly item is used as an unusual garden ornament. We did consider burying it in the garden of the old house before we left, but I'm quite pleased we packed it instead.

Also a quick piccie of my latest Freecycling. 3 boxes of Prima, Burda, and a few other craft magazines which I picked up the other day. They're all from the early-80's to mid-90's so a lot of the clothes are only suitable for fancydress, but there are some great basics clothes as well as all the ideas for around the house. So far all the ones I've looked through are complete with pattern templates and guidelines, and I've been sticking post-it notes on all the things which I like. The magazines all belonged to the late wife of the man on Freecycle. I wrote to thank him and told him about all my crafty friends, Mum, and the Craft Club who would get to use them too. He wrote back to tell me he's glad they've gone to a good home and he's got quite a bit of fabric around too so when he starts sorting that out he'll let me know!

freecycle magazines

No comments: