Monday 1 August 2005

Oh I feel old.
It's nothing to do with today being my birthday though. I've successfully reached the grand old age of 28 without ever having broken any bones, or losing any teeth. Which is a good job because I'm a wimp, I got stung by a wasp when we were gardening yesterday and nearly cried it hurt so much. (Although the pain could have also been due to mum giving me shocks from her mosquito zapper on me to try to stop the itching.)

I feel old because Mum, Dad and I spent 9 hours gardening yesterday The front garden is looking much more respectable, the back garden almost has a fence, and I've got more ideas of how I want it to look. Tomorrow I'll do some more, get the fence painted, and cut the grass.

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Last weekend was Katpins wedding, which was great fun. I never know many people at most weddings, but I went on holiday for a week with a load of Katpins uni mates, so I knew a surprising amount of people there. Plus Jenny from sixth form, and Katpins Parents, her Mum was my old English teacher. Porl even managed to talk to Katpins brother who is from Ormskirk, and is a musician. Also Barnard Castle is a lovely town, full of antique and junk shops, plus a French Chateau. Had it not been for the hangovers (and Porl's boredom) I'd have spent hours wandering around there.

Today I had a lazy sleep in bed. Got up and opened some presents, not much really because I'd already had most things chocolates, bath stuff, bits and bobs accompanying much needed money. I also had a couple of lovely presents of my neighbour, a Rose bush called "Birthday Girl" and a Huge paperweight, which I love. I'm fascinated by paperweights, I got a few off my Grandma when she died and I'm always drawn to them in the shops but never buy them as Porl hates them. So I'm overly pleased with my slightly strange present.

After breakfast we decided to go exploring. We went up to Uppermill which is a little village near us. The Huddersfield Canal goes through there and they run Canal boat rides hourly, and there are loads of little craft and gift shops, and second hand book shops. Unfortunately we picked the wrong day. Most of the shops are closed on Mondays, so we're going to have to go back another day. Especially as the shop for the Saddleworth Craft Co-operative had a sign on the door advertising for Craft Workers to join their ranks. Shelley I think we need to investigate!

We then drove up to the tops of Saddleworth Moors and had a look at the views over the moors and reservoirs, and down onto Manchester. Then home onto home, via Tescos and had a lovely picnic on the living room floor.

The rest of my day will be spent drinking Pimms & Lemonade, browsing the web, maybe doing some redesigning.

Happy Birthday Me!

No comments: