Wednesday 1 June 2005

I think there's something wrong with me.
I think I'm turning into a girl.

My best friend from 6th form, Katpin, is getting married at the end of next month, in preparation for this event I've been looking for pretty skirts to wear, and tonight I bought, and applied tanning lotion (only for my vanilla white legs though).
I rarely wear skirts, and I've certainly never tried tanning lotion. When I graduated I phoned Katpin to tell her I was wearing a long dress and sandals... with heels...for the Grad Ball. She didn't believe me, I had to send a photo as proof. The only skirts I ever wore when I knew her were Very Very short. To preserve my dignity (and my Dad's heart) I always wore cycling shorts or hot pants underneath them, any femininity the skirts gave me was destroyed by the DrMartens.
It's her Hen-Do in a couple of weekends time, it's been organised by a company specializing in Hen and Stag do's. I'll be wearing scruffy jeans during the day... well I'd look a real prat quad biking in a floaty skirt, I haven't thought about the night time, I'm not sure what we're doing, I just know it's in Leeds and we have hotel rooms booked, a shopping spree may be neccessary, I don't think my usual "night-out" clothes of jeans and a t-shirt will do this time.

As well as the floaty skirt (which I think I'll be getting Mum to make) I'm planning a nice lacy cardy. I've found exactly the style I want, right here unfortunatly there's no pattern yet. I've been hunting through all my knitting/crochet books and magazines trying to find patterns similar so I can merge them together, but no luck yet. I'll probably do it all in crochet, it's quicker and easier, but crochet patterns are very thin on the ground, and I've never actually made any items of clothing before, other than scarves and hats.
Getting scarves and hats to fit is far far easier than getting a cardigan to fit.
Hints and tips greatly appreciated.


I also finish my bag.


What would you prefer a brand new bag? or 20 fizzy cola bottles?
One can be constructed over the course of several hours, the other can be demolished in a matter of minutes.

No comments: