Saturday 15 November 2003

Phew! all done.

I know in the last post I said I was being sensible and had saved the the old blogger template somewhere safe, but I was wrong. I did save the template, but I wrote over the stylesheet. I could've tried to put it right, but it would've taken me a couple of hours, so instead I've spent a couple of days hurriedly changing all the other pages. There are still problems, and I've got loads more plans, but hopefully there shouldn't be any huge errors. If you spot any please, please, please let me know.

I've just spotted that the email address is wrong on all my pages. Sorry if anyone's tried contacting me in the past few months. I'll fix that in a second. So there are still huge errors. Constructive critcism is also greatly appreciated. (Jimmy, I'm not putting the menu on the left. Jon, the top pictures are staying fixed.)

One of my pet hates is people saying they've got flu, when it's really just a bad cold.
Cold and flu are 2 TOTALLY different things.
With a cold you tend to be bunged up, sneeze a lot and feel generally a bit grotty.
With flu your limbs feel like lead and any movement takes incredible amounts of effort. You do not sneeze lots, but do tend to get a bad hacking cough, and my asthma always kicks in.

In January 2002 me and Porl got flu.
I woke one morning feeling terrible. I hurt, I knew we'd no painkillers at home, but I had at work.
I drove to work.
I took painkillers.
I got worse.
By 10 o'clock people were suggestion I went home.
At dinner time I told my boss I was ill and I went home.
I don't remember driving home.
I do remember climbing back into bed and telling Porl I wasn't well.
Then the hallucinations started.

We both got ill. Porl ended up in the bed and I made a nest downstairs. I was off work for 3 weeks, our wonderful friends were coming round everyday to look after us and to feed the cats, and it probably took another 3 weeks for me to get my properly well.

Why am I rambling on about flu?
Because I've got it again.
Thankfully nothing like the Mass Flu Illness of 2002, it's only mild, but this ain't no cold. I've spent the last two days sat infront of the computer redesigning this site because typing involves little movement.
Moving hurts, not moving hurts less.
Walking upstairs makes me out of breath.
I hate being ill.

No comments: