Sunday 14 September 2003

Friday night was great. All the bands were great, Porl seemed to end up doing the sound upstairs, which kept him very busy and very happy. I wandered around taking lots of pictures, chatting to random people, drinking beer and sucking limes (literally... they were in the beer and they're nice.) Met lots of lovely people, instantly forgot their names, but I never expected anything else.

Highlights of the night; seeing lots of townie girls dancing to "Moonlight in the Afternoon" when Dave played the single upstairs, Purple Jennie appearing as if by magic from London, although I was a little tipsy by then so didn't talk to her much, seeing the queues of people waiting to get into the place, It Was Packed! the joy on people's faces when I was giving out the bowls of sweeties, and last but certainly not least Marks set, it went down very well, although probably not what people were expecting, great fun though. Oh and lastly going for a lovely curry and more beer at 4 in the morning.

Saturday involved lugging lots of things around to different places, Porl, Robin and Dave had to carry huge bass bins and a PA around, so Porl really hurts today. I was just carrying lights and boxes but I'm still sore. After the lugging around we went to a party at someone elses house. I think they were all Kiwi's but to be honest I was that tired by then I could have been hallucinating. They had lovely dip though.

We got back here at about 10, had bacon butties and went to bed. I've been sleeping on an off all day today and I'm still knackered. I'll post the piccies when I get back, got to nip to the pub and say bye bye to a mate who's heading back to Poland tomorrow.

No comments: