Friday 19 September 2003

Been a busy girl, back at work, doing courses, I know all basic Food Hygiene now, so I can work in kitchens if I wish. I did thinking about failing on purpose in the hope I wouldn't have to cook at work, but I doubt it'd work and I'd have to do the course again.

Anyhow, got back from work and started cleaning the house (kitchen especially). I'm on my own this weekend, Porl's gone up to Manchester to meet Marky Boy, and also Dave from Valentine Records. Something strange is in the offing and I'm all curious, we've been guessing wildly but I expect we're miles off the mark. I'm sure I'll find out soon.

Today autumn has arrived, it's chucked it down all day. Luckily I bought myself a winter coat yesterday, maybe that brought on winter though. It's lovely though. Raspberry coloured corderoy-ish material, with a lovely silky soft cream fur lining. Not everyone was as prepared for winter as me though. I felt very strange walking down the street all snuggly warm in my new coat and my wooly hat, when other people were still walking around in shorts and t-shirts.

I've been browsing estate agents online looking at houses in Manchester and Stockport. We've got to buy this house before we can think about moving there, but at least I'm getting ideas. I did see a great house with 4 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms and a study which would be great. Crafty room for me, studio for Porl, and plenty of spare bedrooms for friends. It's in Gatley, which is on the main trainline between Sheffield and Manchester and it was affordable. Which all added together makes me think that maybe Gatley isn't such a great area to live. Wherever we end up though I think what we get for this house will set us up with something pretty nice in a different part of the country.

I should've posted this days ago, but Sarah has a great write up and pictures from last weekend. Dave has given the night the one, two, three, write-ups that it deserves.

No comments: