Wednesday 21 May 2003

I'm going on holiday in 4 days time, so I thought I'd best get some things done today, you know, the kind of things most people would have got sorted weeks ago.

Well I couldn't find any clothes, and I forgot to get the Travel Insurance, but I got the most important thing sorted, I bought some books. The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir, Wideacre, by Philippa Gregory, and a little Collins Gem book on Kings & Queens. I've just finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl for the second time in as many months, it's also by Philippa Gregory, and it's brilliant. I never seemed to study Kings and Queens at school, so I'm studying now. I like the Tudor period best I think, the whole courtly kingdom. It's not a life I would have enjoyed, but it's good to learn about.

Maybe on Friday I'll get the holiday things sorted out. Hopefully I won't leave it as late as Saturday.

No comments: